Thursday 28 January 2016

Applied Animation: Character design



These are the sketches I did for the characters. There are baby and little boy for the first story, little girl and teddy for the second story and Easter bunny for the third story.



I tried a lot of different styles and facial expressions so that my teammates can choose from especially we all have unique style. I want to be flexible in character design in order to work in different styles and mood. At this moment there are no specific one I prefer so not to limit myself to keep sketching.



I tried to base the characters on different shapes and proportions, experimenting with facial expressions and facial features. Most of the characters are young children so I used a lot of round shapes and the features are more concentrated. I worried if none of these fit the story so I might do a few more character designs and draw out some important scenes to show the group my vision and come up with the most suitable style.




*I also stole some drawings from Lauren's blog because I think there are some pretty good ideas and illustrations like the the parcels, the design of the teddy and the easter bunny taking off the roof. I love Lauren's realistic style which make the characters much more believable and attractive!

No comments:

Post a Comment