Sunday 17 January 2016

Responsive: Loopdeloop

The title of competition this moth is Sister. I started by thinking of what girls do, and the meaning of sister. I was going to make a church sister's animation but I read the message behind this month's challenge which is the relationship between girls are like sisters...so i decided to make a really sister animation instead. The final storyboard is three rabbit gather together, gossip and makeup. A very basic and simple animation that I can try out new animating technique which is Duik.


  Some character design. I differ the rabbit to show they are not genetically sisters but friends with similarity. With different colours and shapes and signature.




Duik is a very useful tool to animate simple character like mine! It is so flexible and convenient to use with amazing result. Although it takes quite a lot of time to rig the character and experiment with, the gestures are super smooth and perfectly rig. I would like to use Duik for the next self project as well.

This is the finished result. I was happy and satisfied with this because I have challenge myself with new techniques and the characters are finely rigged. However I think it might be a bit plain and too simple? Anyway, I submitted it to loopdeloop and I got some respond from them.



Loopdeloop suggests that the animation is too slow. speeding up the timing of the piece and varying the pacing to make it feel more natural, such as speeding up the reaching under the table and pulling up. Also, they played it back at double speed and it was far more natural and engaging to watch. I was surprised that they actually give feedback to me and tell me what to improve which I appreciate a lot. I also noticed how I like the animation to be might not look nice in others' perspective. Therefore I changed the animation and it does look more natural and more engaging.


I will submit an animation bi-month to loopdeloop in order to improve my animating skill more frequently.

No comments:

Post a Comment