Tuesday 9 December 2014

Bubble Bee by Walt Disney 1948 and A Baffling Balloon Behaviour

Bubble Bee by Walt Disney 1948


This Disney short cartoon gave me an idea how light weight object (in this case bubble gum) will act. The bubbles created by the gum is light and have similar properties as balloons. In the cartoon, the used the reflection of light and the wobble movement are important in creating the light weight and floaty-ness of the bubble. Also, the direction of the bubbles are mainly depended on the direction of wind and the surroundings. 

A Baffling Balloon Behavior - Smarter Every Day 113



I watched this on youtube to try to understand the science of helium but it is not clear for me. Apparently helium is lighter than oxygen so that it goes to the opposite direction of oxygen when accelerating. I am so confused and I wonder if this is essential for the animation. I might not animate this property of helium because I am not familiar with it therefore probably should focus on starting the animation for now. Might come back later for this thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment