Wednesday 20 May 2015

Evaluation

This module is the most enjoyable and useful experience so far which is very nice to end up this year. I had the opportunity to try out different media like Maya and the ceramic model making lessons and they have broadened my eyes on the formation of models in both digital and analog. Studio brief two allow an overview of the animators in the real world. I enjoy the concept of understanding and meeting the clients’ need when creating an animation for them that really help to experience the reality of the career. I have learnt a lot of new animating techniques in After Effect for examples use 3D layers to create depth and cast shadows, investigate the use of particle playground and film the composition with different camera angle using the camera tool etc. These skills are extremely useful that I also have applied in other module and it increases my interest of animating digitally which would be approached more in next year perhaps.

I have managed the time efficiently and effectively in this module. It is because I follow the timetable that was set in the beginning of April and every scene is promptly done according to plan. I end up having more than a week before the deadline. This feels so good when being organised and provide a little more to focus on the other module. During this module, I have talked to more classmates and asked for feedbacks and comments, which were something; I was scared to do before. I soon find that is very beneficial and aid the adjustment of the animation in various perspectives. There is a significant up hill on both technical and social within a short period of time therefore I gain a lot of self-esteem and confidence in this module.

However, there are still a lot of improvements I need to commit with. For instance, I have been avoiding not to use Maya because it is really hard to understand the tools and controls which I know is needed to be faced. I hope to improve Maya skills by forcing myself to base a task on it next year. Also, I did not come to school in the spare time. Although I am more productive at home, it is important to come back and seek for advises and feedbacks from everyone. It might totally change my working style and it is important to gain constructive comments on the work.


Nevertheless, it has been the best time of the year and I enjoy the module more than I expect. It sets a firm foundation and there are a lot of experiences that are valid to apply in the next academic year. I hope there will be more challenging briefs that could provide opportunities to learn different skills or take them to an advance level so that I could be prepared for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment