Tuesday 8 December 2015

Modelling skills-constructing a character(6)

It has been a long time since I worked on the demo character. It is set aside at the house keeping stage. I feel confident to model him again after all the maya work I have done through out this module and this is like a piece of cake haha.... The brows and the eyes were locked that cannot be used, to solve this, simply right click unlocked and they are back! Add attribute to the eyebrows, the eyelids and the foot to enable custom controls and reverse foot lock. What we are doing now is to give more expressions and pose to the demo model when animating by setting a range for certain part of the mesh and allow them to move.

By doing so, the brows can bend from sad brows to smiley brows.


Blink and open eyes 


The foot attribute is the most difficult part to do as there are 4 main settings: peel heel, tiptoe, stand tip, twist toe. I would not be able to figure out how to do that if there is no video guide and even after they are done, I am not absorbing the information because it is a bit confusing where placing different pivot point and the grouping stuffs... However, I think the video guide would be so useful later on when my characters have foot which I can reference from. 


Here is the turntable! I made him a tea cup and twist the pinky finger out makes he looking absolutely bossy and also annoying which I am so proud of ! I definitely want to use maya again in the future and creating an other challenging character. Although I mainly just working step by step by following the video guide, it seems like I have taken quite a lot which can be proofed by the telling tales project so make myself proud. If I can do it again, I will choose not to look at the video guide that much and make a better UV map. Also introduce more fine details to the characters like skin textures and sculpting a better shape of body. Nevertheless, this is a very meaningful module that pushes me out of my comfort zone and have learnt so much.




No comments:

Post a Comment