Wednesday 9 December 2015

Telling Tales: Final Animation!

The final animation is DONE!! this is a very touching moment that me and Joe are both proud of our first maya animation! I feel very satisfied and relieved that we managed to have the whole animation final before the deadline since our story is so intense and has a rich content. The time and work is organised well that we both have similar workload and keep contacting each other at home to update the process. I love this team! Joe is such a great animator and teammate who is very supportive and take responsibility to the work, giving great commission to what we are working on which strengthen my confident during the working process. What is even more impressive is how much maya I have learnt due to this module. I pushed the boundary and find a new path in animation that I can use maya in my other art work in the future! Nevertheless, the animation could be improved if we have more time to work on. There is one scene that I messed up with the lighting and there is no sky, the environment and the pig is over-exposed so the whole thing is too bright. It did not look like this when we tried to render a frame from it, but unfortunately that turns out wrong and it was too late to change when we noticed. I really hope to redo that if we have more time and this remains me to double check the render image and the settings carefully before rendering in the future and remember to render the same scene even at different computers. The rigging of the pigs can be improved by creating more functional mesh and paint the weight more carefully so that the skin would not turn out too lumpy. However, this is already very impressive and I am so proud of myself especially with the limited time! Looking forward to the next project!

No comments:

Post a Comment