Saturday 13 February 2016

Responsive: Do it Ten

The theme of Do it ten animation competition in February is Dark. I want to enter this just as too keep myself busy animating and also practice traditional animating skills. I was not planning to make a brilliant international standard animation but more enjoying the process of animation.

I do not want to make the animation too depressing or scary therefore I go for the ideas of animals that are active at night.

 Before the final decision, I drew a lot of short story related to Dark. For example a Monsters. Inc inspired story; Play around with ripples of sound in a dark background; scary haunted story.


Eventually I come up with a story that can play with camera angle and more practical in terms of drawing skills and at preproduction stage.



As the animation needs to be in exact 10 seconds, the timing has to be precise and clear at the same time. I was not sure how to end the story since it is lack of content and storyline, it gives me a feeling of a dream or an imagined place, maybe it is best to make the cat disappear from the screen?

I did not understand the walk cycle of a cat and i did not have any reference when drawing the first experiment. It does not look like a cat at all because of those fat legs and unnatural looking walk. 


Therefore I need to practice the body and the walk!

Cat has an unique pattern of walking. The legs move in different time instead of two legs move at same time. I studied the walk from youtube where someone put a slow-motion video of a cat walk.

I love to design a round body to the cat, make it cute!



No comments:

Post a Comment