Friday 6 May 2016

Applied Animation: Production!

I have my frames list sorted out before starting the production, which has the numbered scenes, frame numbers and timing also marked whether it needs to be doubled frames or not. This is very useful as a check list  and could refer back while getting lost during the production. I would love to have another check list done for any other project in the future because it is so useful and organise my whole production time.


I did not record anything during the production since I was so focusing. This is the only picture I have from my boyfriend's phone and this is the Lightbox we made last year and basically I did most of the frames at home where I could be really messy and have more space.


And these are the finished frames!
Through out the whole work, I absolutely love this teddy bear turning scene because I could show my animating technique and it is very challenging to animate thus it links perfectly with Oscar's scene which I am very proud and satisfied with.

Test frame

Final scene

I think i like the test frames more maybe due to the sketchiness and the not perfectly finalised line drawing but the clean version is very professional looking and the angles are nicely considered. I hope I could get more challenging frames like this and surprisingly this scene does not take too much time to do so I was very pleased with everything. 

The other scene I enjoy is the bunny growing scene which I first produce the keyframe tests in photoshop to make sure it is a smooth transition and then transfer it onto paper. Although it is not really noticeable about the easing but I did give more frames at the beginning and at the end which make the animation looks more natural and visually interesting.



test keyframes

I am happy with this. I think it could be improved by giving it different facial expressions while growing or different poses. It looks a bit plain and there should be more reaction to a bunny when it is magnified. During the preparation, I did not think about the presentation of the character thoroughly so end up having plain characters in the animation. I should have take more time, preparing and sculpting the character instead of focusing entirely on the drawing technique (actually I should focus entirely on both) and this reflect in the animation directly which I wish I could improve this next time.

final growing test

Testing scenes

These scenes are not in the correct timing but they are put together to see how the frames flow. Overall I am happy with most of them but there are a few scene that I did not good at expressing for example the buying teddy scene. I feel like there should be more happening...maybe less is more? The scenes are shown to other members of the group, they like it especially the teddy changing angle scene. I hope we could have more time improving the content but at this stage I am pleased with what I have got.

No comments:

Post a Comment