Friday 6 May 2016

Applied Animation:MORE Look test

After the interim Crit, we were advised to make some look tests before starting the production. I think having a look test could enable us to set a firm aim on the style we want and make sure all of us in OWL could contribute to unified aesthetic of the animation. Most of the people said that they like our watercolour test in the crit and the transition of the line which we have tried to combine both by scanning the watercolour painting in and use after effect to edit the transition. 

Mailbox colouring

I think the transition is a bit too fast and need easing. We could use use another brush instead of a round brush in Aftereffect to make the transition more 'water-spreading' looking. But this is the effect we want and it looks really natural and creative. While Oscar and Lauren were working on the mailbox transition, I start testing whether we want thick pencil line or not for the overall animation.

I use photoshop the use multiple effect on the line drawing, place it on the watercolour drawing and have the following results.

Thin line


Thick line

We are agree on the thin line drawing because it is soft and let the watercolour shines more. Through the process, I realise how much I like watercolour! I find it really satisfying and intriguing and so I hope I could in charge of the watercolour painting for the 'creativities'. What's more, I will use a lot of bold and colourful paint for the backgrounds and 'creativities' object in order to make contrast with the plain pencil line. We should really start the animation!

No comments:

Post a Comment