Saturday 6 May 2017

[Extended Practice]Music and sounds

There are a lot of website that do free background music. I searched youtube audio library the most because it is categorised perfectly when finding specific genre of music or sound effect as well as have a lot of choices. I also use the BBC sound library at school which I picked up some nice environmental sounds and gunshots. Although there are not much suitable but all the sounds are in super high quality that is amazing. 

I found this ambient sound from youtube library which is just a subtle humming sound but I think it is the perfect choice to go behind the speech and can be used to gradually intensified the scenario if increases the volume. I have to put this in my caption box under my animation tho.



Devastation and Revenge by Kevin MacLeod is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution license :https://creativecommons.org/licenses/...

Source: http://incompetech.com/music/royalty-...

Artist: http://incompetech.com/

I am just using the first part of the music before the humming sound stops and repeat it in Premiere. The atmosphere matches and the animation suddenly becomes lively and tense! It is amazing how much just a humming sound does to my animation. I always take it for granted but it is definitely one of the key element to comprehend the perfect story just like how 
Loic Burhardt, leading sound designer from Folimage said in the masterclass in MAF. I still remember the example he showed which the sound of rain is different at different location. I applied it in my animation too, where the scene showing the gangsters indoor and slowly zoomed out of the building. I used lowpass effect in Premiere to reduce the 'broadness' of the sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment