Tuesday 9 May 2017

[Extended Practice]Poster

I asked almost everyone about how they do their poster. Most of them are very simple with a big title and a tagline. I spent a long time thinking about the strap line because I want it to be a little bit playful and not just a boring description of the animation. Eventually I picked : Just a normal day at work, a bit of humour and playfulness and I hope my audience would feel curious by looking at the poster.


A rough idea, sketched on photoshop. This is the time when the officers are running to where the gangsters hid. Showing a lot of surroundinng buildings and it is 7 o clock in the morning so the colour scheme will be blue and yellow.


Using the vanishing point again! It is so useful when drawing landscape. Following the lines already helps a lot with the perspective and ratio! Highly recommand!





Transferring this semi final draft to an A2 file and resketching everything.



Oscar gave me this advise of making the poster in A2 so as to make sure the best quality when printed also can be in high resolution in any size smaller than A2.I took his advise even tho the file will be rather large. This is what professional designers or typical thing to do in the creative industry so I need to be generous of the size of the file!


I also use CMYK so as to ensure better printing quality. The colour looks good and the water colour do not lose the texture when enlarged which I am very pleased! However not sure about the position of the title and the colour as well. The title was distracted from the building behind which meands it should be moved to somewhere else!

I call this my final poster! The title are not straight but slightly rotated to fit the gaps in between the buildings and to match the perspective of the illustration. I like the texture and the shapes as well which gives a lot of information about the aestheic of the animation, let people have a taste before watching. 

No comments:

Post a Comment