Tuesday 9 May 2017

[Extended Practice]Trailer

I went on Vimeo to look at examples of short trailers. The styles I like are all very simple and show quick montage of the film. In our case, we only have relatively short animation so picking the most exciting bits is probably the best to do.

orfeu TRAILER_1 from nelson boles on Vimeo.
Short and dynamic. Showing a lot of actions to attract audience to keep following.

WIND - trailer from robert loebel on Vimeo.
 
"Nino&Felix" (short movie) Trailer from LaTestuggine on Vimeo.


Good use of music, syns with the shoots and brings a lot of rythem to the clip. Based on the research, I think a 20-30s trailer is more than enough. And It went quite well on the first attempt.


Reusing the school logo and credit from the finished animation. It saves a lot of time making this trailer and along with the effective sound I found on the youtube audio library. I like this trailer because I kept it simple but informative. Having both quite and exciting moment of the film and the music adds so much to it and Oscar said he felt pumped afterwards so I guess this is great!haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment