Monday 20 April 2015

Book title sequence primary research

A walk around in Waterstone and found a corner full of tiny version of classic literature. I was first attracted by their size and black cover and also cheap price. It would be bad just buy one and read when bored despite all those difficult vocabularies. I chose this Japanese one because it is the only one I feel connected with and the Japanese cultural always fascinate me.



 The story is written by a Japanese monk called Yoshida Kenko (1283-1352) and A Cup of Sake Beneath the Cherry Trees is the selection taken from the Essays in Idleness (Tsurezuregusa), which was probably written around 1329-31. The book is a collection of a lot of short stories and buddhist truths, it also talks about death and importance prevail and attitude of living etc. Although there are a lot of hard words, it is spiritually refreshing and healing. There are not much different between the standard of a good person and the truths of surviving within the society like how to treat friends and family. I want to visualise the message of this meaningful book and I have selected a few sentences I like and could possibly be visualised beautifully. 


  • Seasons changing, blossoms, spring wind, cherished memory
  • beautiful views with the important memories


  • death, uncommunicative, then all go their separate ways
  • the meaning of death and how people due with sorrow
  • selfish people 



  • sad lady story


Here is a designed cover by some artist on the internet that I found on google. I like it and it is very inspiring. The reflecting surface could be the sake and a falling petal of cherry blossom come beautiful together and very calm and tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment