Monday 20 April 2015

E4 research

I want my E4 ident to be funky and very colourful, it could be mix-media or even mix-style and also it could be non-sense (introduce more creative combinations of media), similar to the usual E4 ident. Although its theme colour is purple, I am not planning to stick with it but showing the large E4 logo at the end of the animation as requested.


Occasionally, I will check the Japanese commercials on youtube to get inspiration. The Japanese commercials are famous due to their creativities and innovative about the use of media and plot. Here are some I found interesting.

Japanese Commercial 2015 week 03,04,05
2:08 dancing monkeys loan company advert
-include theme song of the business and show lyrics

I like this advert because it makes me happy and the music is very cheerful. Although the characters are not dancing smoothly, I pay more attention to the colours and the song. It is simple and clean which can stay in audience mind.



Japanese Commercial 2015 week 06-07
1:21 loan company advert
-anime style

This advert expresses the joy of being at home (so they lent you money to buy a flat). The whole animation is in anime style, it looks like the backgrounds are photography based and close to reality.
It has good characters and story but not sure about the background, I do not think I will use realistic backgrounds.


Japanese Commercial 2014 weeks 48-49
2:05 car company advert
-stop-motion
-hand drawn

This advert is a mix of media, at the beginning it was stop-motion animation of the process of drawing the outline of the illustration.


After that, it turns into digital coloured moving image. I think this is a good idea to introduce more fun to the ident especially when showing the making of an illustration. 


No comments:

Post a Comment