Monday 20 April 2015

Discovery channel experiment

My plan for the discovery channel ident is simple. I hope to make an animal or earth in space (as boring as it sounds). I am stuck about this discovery ident... since I want it to be visually interesting and unique. However, I hope I can explore more good sources and interesting ideas through the process.


Rough storyboard of a sliding penguin. Boring so... NO! I started considering the working media, as I am not good at maya, it might be a opportunity to experiment more with maya. So probably animating shapes like orb would be a easier step to improve the skill. Therefore I gave up on the animal ideas and research on space and earth.




Initial idea of the ident


Mood board
- that old-school scene where the sun is shone behind the Earth is what I want to produce in maya

Storyboard


Anamatic

initial idea of how to do it in maya=
-photography texture?
-key frame rotation?
-lighint



No comments:

Post a Comment