Monday 27 April 2015

Model Making part 1

We are so excited about the modelling brief as non-computer sections are very valuable! I have designed a character who is a witch with normal girl figure. We first need to measure the portion of the character and use a combined wire to form the foundation of the model.


Next is the amazing milliput! It will turn rock hard when set so we use it as the limbs and the head. It tooks about an hour for it to set so ..be patient!


The next step is to make the body using modelling clay and the milliput needs to be covered by plaster before in order to prevent slipping.


*The eyes are made by milliput.
I carefully create my ideal shape of the witch and try to include details like hair and ears. It is difficult to be precise and steady hands are needed when smoothing the surfaces and creating characteristics.


The twins tails need to take away when molding because it is too thin and might get damaged. It could be added on after the model is finished.


Everyone's work!


I enjoy the induction so much and I like modelling character using real materials like clay than by computer. This encourages me to give more time and patient to the model so it is full of love! In spite of the lack of crafting briefs of this year's course, my crafting skill is not as rusty as I thought which is quite impressing. Also this is a good opportunity to experience the production of a real model and how to prepare it which is extremely valuable to our portfolio. I cannot wait for the next lesson when we are molding our models!


No comments:

Post a Comment