Sunday 15 March 2015

Ah,Push it!

I used a range of materials to finish this brief while studying the force, the weight and the density of line. I used water colour to show Amy pulling against the door and the dark blue colours are the part where I think her muscles contrast the most. Despite the lack of refine lines, the watercolour show the figure with softness which I really enjoy.   


I drew Max with felt-tip pen so the figure is clearly shown on the paper and I can apply shadings on it as well. This sketching shows the force quite well through the pose and the straight arms, the shape of the body is also rather proportional which I am pleased with. However, the quality of line and the precision of drawing needed to be improved.



I have made a mistake mixing ink and colour pencil. I did not like this combination at all. Other than that, I think this is showing the force clearly through Joe's arm and the lean of body. We were taught by Annabel to use the pencil to measure the correct proportion of the model which I have applied on this sketching. Not bad I think?


Ollie carrying the chair on his shoulder. He looked so intense and powerful therefore I decided to use ink to represent this act. The intensity of line build up an heavy atmosphere to show the weight of the chair and the lighting. Personally I do not have a feeling about this sketching, not good not bad. It is not good enough because the lines are too sketchy and Ollie does not look that 'in pain'; It is not bad might due to the shading build up an correct surrounding and the proportion is alright. 


No comments:

Post a Comment