Sunday 15 March 2015

Rhythm is a dancer

We are drawing the essence of the walk from each teammate in a limited time and try to show the weight and the rhythm of the movement. It is a interesting task to see our classmates' acting skills and how they are going to perform themselves.

Max's walk was a lumpy walk. I emphasis the weight of his walk by drawing a back-heavy figure, to separate his legs, I left a gap between the thighs so that I can clearly state which leg is which. I feel like the drawing should be less human but more flow of lines or shapes instead so I decided to do something different on another drawing.


Amy's walk is fairy-like. She flows and dancing across the classroom. I think light colour can show the lightness and this time I only sketch her arms in order to show her movement. I like the idea but the actual sketch is not as good as expected because it is difficult to understand and unable to distinguish the direction of the move. maybe include the legs and the head are the solution?


For Joe's walk, it is heavy and robotic. I used two hands and two colours to represent two legs and it is very fun to experiment with. The lines end up like electric which is very interesting and this one line drawing discourage any mistakes and sketchiness. The figure also show the direction by the feet which might be very useful when animating a line figure or objects.


Ollie's walk is very heavy and solid. I decided to use charcoal to represent the weight and the atmosphere and this time I draw the negative space of the legs. It is a new attempt of drawing movement for me and the result is as impactive as I imagine. The texture of the charcoal allow layers to build up and so as the presentation of weight. I think it can be improve if I draw the negative space of the whole body instead and include good quality of edge in order to improve the quality of information it provides. Nevertheless, it might be interesting to animate a human figure by using what we have done in this whole brief and I have learnt so much for example represent human figure with only few curves, the use of different materials and the show of weight. 


No comments:

Post a Comment