Sunday 15 March 2015

Like a puppet on a string

We were limited in time to capture the pose of the model in only a few seconds therefore I decided to use water-dissolvable material to produce quick drawings. The flow of the pose is well presented, the shape, the weight and the direction is shown also the volume is an essential element is this part of the brief. We posed from a small shape to expand the whole body so that the surface area increase. I have fun using watercolour because it shows the move abstractly and the shape of the model artistically.

For the other poses, I used felt pen and colour pencil. In that stage, I was still not sure about the exact intention of the brief so I did not try out as many material as I could have done. However, the outline of the model I did below are quite successful in terms of the amount of information they provide and the representation of weight. I think this part of the brief is quite difficult because I have to keep the same volume of the body while changing the shape. It is hard to keep the volume and the quality of line consistent therefore it is quite a challenge. At the end of day, we are all quite familiar with drawing the shape of body and I think this is the progress we made of that day.




No comments:

Post a Comment