Wednesday 18 March 2015

Set, Series and Sequence

I have produced a series of pictures depends on the 32 drawings. I really like the idea of the mushroom creature and I developed further more using various materials and texture.

Colour pencil

Ink

pencil, different perspective

Pen and colour pencil

felt-tip pen and watercolour

watercolour and salt effect

acrylic on canvas

digital drawing

I like the softness watercolour produce at the same time the vibrant and lively atmosphere acrylic gives me.

I really enjoy drawing on paper where I connect more to the image physically and have a better control of colours. I like the felt-tip pen with watercolour the best because the style is very mature and it is a new experience for me to draw seductive character. Also I enjoy using acrylic paint where I can mix and layer up the colours and build up texture. It creates an interesting surface for the character. However, I think more experiment could be done by creating different working surfaces like tissue paper and sandpaper? To make the drawings more organic, I could probably collect grass, flowers or actual mushroom to work with. 


 12 images storyboard 




No comments:

Post a Comment