Wednesday 18 March 2015

OUAN404 Visual Lanuage Evaluation

This module is very fun and playful that provides huge amount of opportunities to draw, to observe and to learn. The Set, Series and Sequence brief is challenging and encourage me to begin the habit of sketching daily in sketchbook to build up my drawing skills and write down instant ideas. It pushes me to generate ideas quickly and develop them further to become some innovative concepts artwork. The live drawing briefs benefit my observing skills. I have learnt to observe the details and the surrounding carefully before starting the drawing, which allows better proportional and realistic sketching. Also, I noticed the choice of material is an essential element to show the weight, the movement and the state of the model. For instance, I used charcoal to sketch the essence of the solidly heavy walk of the model, which successfully show the rigidity. You spin me right round is my favourite brief. It is because I enjoyed working with the light box made by myself and more importantly the well-prepared preproduction work enables me to work fluently towards a good result. There are so much useful skills I have learnt from these briefs, which is important for animating creatively and reliably in the professional manner.


However, I found out that environmental drawing is not as interesting as drawing characters. Drawing buildings or architectures are vey difficult for me. To improve, I need to keep practising in order to achieve some significant progress before feeling bored again. What is more, I found that I could be quite impatient when doing live drawing for too long therefore changing the drawing position constantly helps refreshing my mind while observing the model in different perspectives. Nevertheless, the Form, Flow and Force brief encourage effective communication between teammates and organised teamwork, which provides a lot of opportunities for me to speak up and being part of the group. The crit and feedback from this module has been constructive and honest that aids the improvement of own practice. Many comments suggest me to experiment with more media and not to limit myself with only pencil or watercolour, which is a big encouragement. Additionally, my schedule of this module is not as organised as the pervious module. It is difficult to keep up with all the work from different module at the same time and to follow the planned schedule completely. The context of practice essay and the applied animation have occupied a large portion of the timetable therefore so much effort has been put into time managing. After all, it is my favourite module so far because I can do a lot of drawings and have challenged myself further more. I hope to create an effective timetable for rest of the modules and constantly exchange feedbacks with classmates in order to speed up the progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment