Sunday 15 March 2015

Strike a pose

This is the task which we have to pose for 20-30 minutes and we have to consider the shape, form and weight via observing the model. Our group have spent most of the time on this part since we all think this is very helpful in practising life drawing skills. We did this part of the brief in two days; I think my drawings in day one is too precise and was focusing too much on the details. However, I considered about the lighting, the weight and used of different material more which leads to a constructive and valuable practice.

I like the drawing I did on Joe and Amy. It is because I captured their feelings by shading and colouring also the portion of body is relatively correct. I also learnt to sit in different position in order to sketch with various perspective. However, I should have focused more on the shape and weight other then the details. Increase the quality of line rather than sketchy drawings.

Sad Joe portrait.  

Tinker bell-like Amy

On day2, I decided to use ink only so as to practice refine lines. I think it is a good media to use as I was so concentrated in order to avoid mistakes also I like to flow of liquid on paper that could be manipulated before dry out. Day2 I focused more on the shapes and lines, sometimes light as well and I used only a few curves to shape a person.


It is a good experience to explore human form. I found there are a lot of poses could be represented by only few curves and imagination. The point is to draw the main shape of the body for example the head, limbs or spin to form the basic picture and our brain can process the drawing and relate it to the actual pose. I really enjoy drawing outlines and what is more,  it can be improved by even more smoother line showing rhythmic and dynamic move. The strength of holding the brush could be considered more as well so as to bring out the weight and the air in the room.



No comments:

Post a Comment