Wednesday 8 February 2017

[Extended Practice] Callum and Hayley's sets[2]

Me and Hayley went down to the wood workshop again. This time planning to get the windows done by using the laser cutter. I have used a laser cutter before in foundation but I forgot it so learning from the beginning. Hayley had used it before and she remembers and cleverly created the illustration of the window with red lines indicating the cutting lines and blue lines as the edges!

When started, we expected the laser cutter will follow where the lines are in the illustration and go straight to the middle of the board and start cutting but it started off at the corner. I saw that and immediately asked for help. We were told that the laser cutter will not automatically fine where the lines are even though we have all the measurements sorted out. The guy helped us to put a mark just at the corner of the lines indicating the start of the laser point which then make it works. Luckily the marks were not too deep. Hayley decided to flip the burnt side facing outward so we do not waste a board. We are going to put wallpaper on top anyway.

Here is the fun bit! poking the pieces out! We carefully poked out all the pieces. The grids are kind of fragile so we needed extra care and love.

Finished! Looking awesome!

Hayley also gave me this timetable for their group. I think we are going to finish the set in February so that they could start animating before March. I feel very responsible for their sets so I will give out more time on it. To do so I will need a perfectly plan out timetable for myself in order to keep everything on track for my own project.
\

Gladly I am not the only one who is doing the props, Hayley and Callum are helping as well so I feel less stressed. There are a lot of things we could found on e-bay or amazon so I will be mainly focusing on the walls, and woodwork and look for any useful material in town like crafting materials and fabrics.. etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment