Wednesday 8 February 2017

[Extended Practice] Lauren's Character design[3]

Final Character designs for Lauren. Considering with the time, I should finish Lauren's character design this week so that she could develop her story further more. I feel a bit stressed because I have not done much on my own extended practice... since I have commission work and other collaboration work. 

I designed all these characters based on photos she gave me, including the clothes and height. I do not want to shift the style towards anime, which is what I usually do, therefore I do not give them much curves and exaggerate body proportion. However I think the faces are still pretty much in anime style but they look the most refreshing than just dot eyes or realistic eyes. Moreover, I used a lot of simple colours so Lauren could easily follow along with a list of the colours on the design sheet, really hoping to minimise the details and make the characters stand out.








After all I think Lauren is going to watercolour the design again since she chooses to use watercolour in her extended practice. I really enjoy collaborating with her because we keep in touch all the time and exchange information and resources once we have done something new. This project all allows me to draw in other styles, practising real life drawing also digital drawing. Things I think could be improved is the anime style but it is not able to change in a short period of time. Although I consider myself as a generalist who able to cope with different kinds of styles, there are still a significant trace of anime style remained in my work. To reduce it, I need to do more real life drawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment