Thursday 16 February 2017

[Extended Practice]Animation Test2

I did a quick test on an unfinished piece of work and this is exactly what I am aiming at! The trees do stretches a bit and the lines need to be finalized. 
So base on the previous environmental drawing that which is traced on top of a real photo, this time I created a total new environment! A combination of my imagination and some elements picked up from real photos. The street is definely wider and more spacious. I hope the 3D would turn out pretty for this one.


This is how it looks like when finished. Like before, I did not colour everything so as to maintain the simplicity and the collages style. I use a dry brush texture for the brick on the wall also a watercolor brush for the shadow cast by the trees, which have some white space mimicking the light penetrates through the branches. I also applied the patterns made before on the houses and real news articles on the pots of the plants. I really like this version of the trees because there are more things to see and less tense. This is also one of the very least environmental drawing I did in my life!so I am very happy about the result.

When it is finished, apply vanishing point and do the previous steps in order to produce the 3D file for after effects. I found that it does not have to be precise when drawing the grids. 

I tried a few speed of the camera move and this seems the most suitable. I do not want to audience to miss out the details if the camera moves too fast. I think the 'walls' did not stretch as much as the last test and it creates a nice perspective shoot and it is almost as good as texture mapping in maya. It can be improved by giving a handheld camera which could be faked by applying the wiggle expression to the camera layer in after effects since this is a running scene... maybe speed it up is the best option after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment