Thursday 16 February 2017

[Extended Practice]Animation Test1

I want to include different texture to the animation especially 3D.Since there are quite a few perspective environmental scenes, it might be a good opportunity to test out 3D in after effects. I was thinking about maya before however it is very time consuming. at this stage, I am a bit behind in preproduction so I want to create the background quickly, effectively and efficiently. 

The first few scenes of the story is a first person perspective, running through the narrow street which I think is perfect to turn it into 3D.

There are a lot of tutorial on YouTube teaching how to create 3D space from a 2D photo. The one I followed was the shortest in length and the procedures are very clean and clear. 


To create a 3D space in after effect is easier than i thought! First, import the image to photoshop , hit "vanishing point" in the filter colum, using the grid tool to wrap around the 'walls' . Export the diagram straight to after effects and it will automatically show up as a 3D space! What after effect did is basically stretches the 'walls' I created in photoshop and form a room-like space. Moving the camera back and forth could allow a first person perspective or even follow the character as it walks


I experimented with my concept art. The general effect looks awesome on a picture which has depth but the street in the illustration is too narrow which stretches the wall too much and distorting every thing on the side like the trolley on the ground and the patterns on the wall. Hence I decided to redraw another environmental drawing that could be suitable for 3D. Possibly with wider street and less details sketching.

No comments:

Post a Comment