Thursday 9 February 2017

[Extended Practice]Character Design(2)



I used the previous line drawing as the template and started colouring the character and draw it clothes as well. This is basically my dad's character who is one of the main character in the animation. There are two more main characters who should make a strong contrast between my dad, my dad's teammate and one of the criminal. According to the previous tests and research, I decided to give my dad very simple clothing like jeans and plain top. I think this is the most 'police-looking' casual wear with modest plain colour. Since he was not wearing uniform, it might be difficult to tell his occupation, so I gave him the warrant card to indicate that.

I am not sure about the patterns outfit... I am afraid that it will be too much to see but more tests are needed. I want to use colours to indicate the bad guys and good guys since they do not have facial features or significant uniforms. I will use a tone of blue for the officers based on the Hong Kong police uniform and edgy colours for the criminals like red or brown, indicating danger and accident. I also insert some white shapes on the character and even make some outline go white so that the character could stand out before any dark environment or busy textures.

No comments:

Post a Comment