Saturday 15 April 2017

[Extended Practice] Camera direction

A power of camera direction! I finished the scene when the bad guy goes down stairs. There are two options of this scene, one is the camera pans up and one pans down. Technically I know the camera should follow the direction of the action but visually it looks better when the camera pans up which also able to show the red colour of the bad guy's T-shirt. I should have drawing the character and the background smaller so as to allow space to zoom in or out, allowing more opportunities to alter the scenes in AfterEffect. If do so, the camera is no question panning down with the action.



After asking Mike about these two tests, he agreed that the colour of the shirt is more important and oddly the pans up of camera does not look strange in this scene! What I know is to draw the 'secure area' of every scenes so as to ease the editing and do not limit myself with the current storyboard. Just slightly larger than the canvas maybe 2100X1200? so that I could fit them into the 1920X1080 composition in AfterEffect.

No comments:

Post a Comment