Saturday 15 April 2017

[Extended Practice]Reduce background noise

I noticed that there are quite a lot of background noise in the voice recording. It might be due to a low quality microphone or the room is not entirely silent. It is too expensive to get a high quality microphone which costs about 50 pounds so I bought a 20 pounds microphone that has all the function I need for recording just has a bit of flaws of being a bit too big and only works with a computer. So instead of lending a professional recording room like what school has, I choose to record my dad in my room so some noise from the street was unavoidable even when the windows are closed. I realised how perfect the equipments we have at school for free since a professional recording studio costs a fortune in Hong Kong, it is not a price students could afford.

To solve this problem, I decided to search for noise reducing methods in both AfterEffects and Premiere. It turns out that the 'noise reduce' tools in AfterEffects is not for the sound track but the noise grains in pixels so Premiere is my only saviour [for free]. 

Open the audio effects and use DeNoiser which is a radio looking tools that reduces the background noise perfectly and it is so easy to use as well. This a a very useful tool to use in the future as well especially when there is buzzing noise in the background, not sure if it is powerful enough to reduce street noise but still exceptionally brilliant to use. 

No comments:

Post a Comment