Saturday 15 April 2017

[Extended Practice]30/3 interim Crit

There were not much comments for me on that day since mine is last of the list and it seems like my animation is on track so most of the feedback was just keep animating. At this point, I still have about 1min 30 seconds left therefore I should be fine to finish most of the rest during Easter. There are a few things I want to revisit after the crit.

Subtitles:
I looked at how Hong Kong movies usually have their subtitles and they are in white and in both Chinese and English. 

I added two bars to the composition according to the format of the traditional Hong Kong movies as well as the white subtitles. However the white colour did not show very well and I could not see the words from a distance. Therefore I am going to change it into black instead.



like the scene below, the grey background hides the subtitles so it is very unclear.
I will also consider different options like white words black borders or shading of the words.

Background Noise:
Reduce background noise of the voice recording.->search online!

sound effect:
Mike suggested using the sound library, using sounds effects only instead of using music. I think he is right about this because music does not really work for the documentary. If time allows, there will be a chance recording the sound by myself like walking sounds, wind blow and other environmental sounds. Nevertheless, I really want to stress the sounds and it should be important to the animation.

To round up, I want to finish most of the animation during Easter, leaving at least one week for final touch up. Catch up with blogs and PPP... Luckily there are no serious problem with the animatic so I can focus entirely in animating.  

No comments:

Post a Comment