Saturday 15 April 2017

H.P. Lovecraft animation

This is the last day of my collaboration with Callum and Hayley's group. Today I made a fireplace with the mantelpiece and painted it to a marble texture. I am very satisfied with the outcome and my painting skills! What I also did is cut all the legs of the desks and chair out of a long dowel BY A CRAFTING KNIFE...it was almost impossible to do. They are all in 3-7 cm which did not have a big supporting point for me to hold the dowel. I really wish there's a coping saw!  



We also went down to the print room to print out the wall papers and the floor and the patterns are found by Hayley which I think go well with the furniture. They are in matt so when the light hit the paper there will be no reflections that cause unwanted light source as well as looking more like really wooden floor.



After all, I do not think I did much for their group. It is very difficult to cope with two project in one time especially when both are important. I do not want to disappoint their group for not being productive so I asked many times if there's still anything I could help but I think Hayley also wants to take greater part in props making so she politely declined so I did not ask anymore. Anyway, I enjoyed working with the team. I learnt that it is important to understand their story before helping because looking back at first, there was no questions at all from me to their project, not even their storyboard and I just wanted to craft so badly. Later, when their schedule started, I did not understand the background and time period of their story so Hayley explained to me why we painted the furniture into dark brown colour. All in a sudden, I knew that I should treat this as my own project, by doing so saves more time and excess work, also creates the best sets. It is a very precious experience! I think I am good at taking orders and be a good teammate since I work fast and efficient. The collaboration informs me my ability and I shall embrace them in the future collaboration work as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment