Sunday 16 April 2017

[Extended Practice] Complicated Scene

This scene took a long time to finish, not only because of the detailed drawing but also the morphing sequence. I also wanting this surreal expression of the intense atmosphere build up through out the scene, by the moment the door opens and every officers are alarmed and tense. I use only lines for the quick actions to give the sense of immediate action also they could go on top of the background without hiding any details behind.

I came up with this morphing idea during production since it will be bored to have too many cut scenes. I hope the colour help informing the audience about the identity of the character also simplified the scene a little bit. I think it works by showing what the polices and the gangster doing at the same time without the cartoony sectioning the screen or normal cut shot.  


If I have time to revisit this scene, I will slightly elongate the duration of the background so that when the bad guy finishes morphing, audience still understand where he is standing and relating his position with the background.  

No comments:

Post a Comment