Sunday 16 April 2017

[Extended Practice] The right things to do?

The colouring method I have been using, is probably not the cleverest way to use. I colour the character in white first and use clipping mask for the watercolour so that it will stay in the previous colour layer. 

It is very time consuming when doing this to every frame. Similar effect could be done in AfterEffect using tracking but it is difficult to get the exact pattern I want. I wish there is a quicker way to create the same result...
Having too many layers also easily causes confusion and mess up, luckily it just happened once or twice to the project. However it is not a sustainable method to use in the future because it will become a total mess during group project even if every thing is named correctly. I already tried to sort them out by putting them in folders and it helps organising a bit.

The other method I tried is combining the lines with the colours but it becomes a problem when editing after. I want the colour and the lines in different colours when the triangle shapes places on top so it does not work if the lines merges the colours. Perhaps colouring frame to frame is my only choice.

Nevertheless, the aesthetic is kept through out the whole animation and remain the consistency. I also like this scene because of the shifting perspective of the camera, showing the sniper at behind. The falling action is also smooth and making a pretty composition. 


No comments:

Post a Comment