Sunday 16 April 2017

[Extended Practice] Timing

During the Crit on the 30th of March, Mike also slightly mentioned about the timing of this particular scene. The running seems taking up too long and could be shortened a little bit. Personally I was struggling to furnish this scene due to the blank background at first. I found the character very dull in front of bank background so I used watercolour and some new cuts to create the current look. It is a bit worrying if it is way too surreal for a documentary like this and if the cut shots too quick. This is a scene full of unsure so I will definitely revisit it. What I will change is probably the duration of the running action also change the presentation of the 'pre-detonating' pose of the bad guy. Instead of showing the reflection of the grenade in Rambo's eye like how I was planned in the storyboard, I want to simplified it into just showing Rambo's hands grabbing the bad guy's hands in order to present a clear action of Rambo preventing him from detonating the bomb. Nevertheless, I like the gradient of colour built up in the close up of the gangster. It slowly generate tension and the level of danger in that situation which I hope audience could feel that from the screen!

No comments:

Post a Comment