Sunday 19 October 2014

Photoshop Induction 2

We were told yesterday to bring our flip books to today's photoshop induction in order to make some frame by frame animation in the computer. I had made a lot of gifs since last year therefore this is like a recap of memory but I have also learnt something new today.


We started off scanning the pages into the computer using the school scanner where I can preview the scanned images and select the parts needed before the actual scanning so as to safe time cropping. The scanned images are not similar in sizes, colour and even contrast therefore I need to edit them in photoshop using the crop tool, to get the same size of each image; brush tool, to get a clean background; image size, to reduce the resolution. I have spent most of the time on editing and I am getting so bored and tired doing that…


Basically the frames are joined together by using timeline in photoshop and they can be then shown like a digital flip book. I think it is better than the actual flip book because the images are shown more fluent and smooth while mistakes can be corrected immediately as well which is extremely convenient and time-saving. However, the preparing work may take a lot of time for instance scanning and editing.


I want to try add some colours to these gifs at the weekend! 
I


No comments:

Post a Comment