Tuesday 28 October 2014

Photoshop Induction

Today we learnt to use the video frame tools in photoshop to create an animation.
1. New file -> HDTV
2. Set the time (frame time)
3. New video layer
4. Allow onion layer effect 
This is useful and handy to use an animating method as I can precisely trace the previous illustration without flipping the paper constantly which improve the quality of work and time saving. It is also useful in calculating the timing and spacing correctly. I have a better control and overview of the whole animation and which also teaches me that if I want smoother actions, reporting a single frame to avoid big jump seems like the only solution. But I get really tired looking at the monitor screen all day and getting bored repeating the same frame.

A practice of the basic of bouncing a ball was a good start of a day to allow myself familiar with the tablet and the new working approach.

 
I was being ambitious to a character but I lost patient at the end and just wing it. I do not like this as I think the quality of line needs improvement and the stretch and squash needs to be planned more carefully.



After reading the animation toolkit last night, this movement came to my head and I am happy with is  due to the smooth action.

What is more, I found it really hard to work on tablet. Although it is fast and productive, it is hard to not look at where I draw while drawing (if that make sense to you). I can not handle the strength and speed when drawing through tablet so I prefer the traditional way of producing an animation. However, it was still useful to try out different approaches which would these photoshop induction would definitely improve my digital drawing skill.

Compare to the previous lesson, I enjoy using video frames more than frame by frame because it is way more convenient and time saving. Frame by frame could easily create mistakes due to the large amount of layers and video frames is more similar to the traditional animating method. 

The 4 elements task

I did not enjoy it because I was too tired to focus and generate ideas... but I believe it will be a good practice on the use of tablet and animation skills.
 Rough plan


my little water character.

No comments:

Post a Comment