Thursday 30 October 2014

Pose to pose

Pose to pose animation is to decide the key frames and then fill in the frames in between. We are asked to draw a swing pendulum so as to investigate the ease in and out principle by doing so. I have chance to make a timing and spacing plan before the drawing which enable me to get more precise movement and consistence. Easing in and out allows the pendulum to swing logically where I put more frames when the ball begins to swing and less frames when it swings quickly at the centre. I found that ease in and out is usually companied by the arc of action, ease in and ease out is required for a logical movement that make it more realistic. 


This is the planning of the pendulum. I divided the arc into 12 section and the start and end has smaller portion but more frames while the centre has larger portions but less frames. By doing this, I get the outcome below.

It should be a finished swing motion but there is something wrong happened when I upload this online. It turns out only doing one swing… anyway, I think this is a good practice that build up my knowledge and skill on the ease in and out principle.



This ambitious attempt is successful in terms of the character and the illustration but the timing and spacing is not as good as the pendulum. The dog jumps off too slowly and the whole movement seems like happening in a same speed which does not look realistic. If I can do it again, I will put more frames are need when the dog is jump into midair and less frames at the start and the end. However, I am still happy with this attempt and this is a good experiment to challenge myself if I could really apply the 12 principles onto my work. Obviously improvement is needed and I hope I could plan more carefully next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment