Wednesday 8 October 2014

Storyboarding Nursery Rhymes (2): Mary had a little lamb -refine-

Today's task was to refine the storyboard into high standard. Initially, by studying the feedback I received from yesterday, again, I planned the new storyboard by writing the plot down:

  1. The background need to include more details and shadings in order to show more depth, probably by colouring or detail drawings;
  2. The quality of lines needed to be improved so as to keep the storyboard clean and understandable;
  3. I think the storyboard does not show much sequence, audience may easily lost the plot due to the big jumps between frames. Therefore I want to slot extra frames to explain the story.
I did not work on the storyboard template but on my studio notebook instead because I want more space to draw in detail. However, the grids are not precisely drawn therefore they will be scan into computer for readjustment.
Additionally, I tried to reduce normal frames and increase key frames so that the story can be explained clearly. Mike agreed with the idea of splitting the frames into three parts for more information and this was how I have my problem solved.

Small research on how to draw a rooster... apparently it is harder than I thought. A watch tie on the rooster looks horrendous...



I found it useful to use arrows to indicate the direction of the action of the characters because it is clear and can reduce confusion for the 'teammate' and the rule of third helped me to adjust the position of the compoisition in each frame. Overall, I think solid black line is a safe choice in terms of making a clear storyboard. The frames are more effectively shown and could be immediately understood by others compare to the rough one yesterday. I want to finish it as soon as possible so that I could try to use watercolours or ink on top of the lines as I want more depth to the background. 

No comments:

Post a Comment