Sunday 2 November 2014

Animation research- Rob 'n' Ron


This is a 3D animation created by Tumblehead Animation Studio. The story begins in western and the main characters are two silly cowboys who are planning to rob the piggy bank for a coin to replace their broken tea table. I think Tumblehead Animation Studio just producing this animation for fun and without any bug meanings behind because It includes a lot of humours and fun that does not really focusing on communicating a message behind. Maybe they are? and if so, I will see the message as to stay silly and be happy.

The gestures and facial expression of the characters are so delicately created which closely related to their appearance and character design. What is more, the whole story is colourful, funny and energetic, I especially like the chasing scene where the two cowboys are riding the 'horse' because of the fluent and dynamic movement that add more fun to the animation. However, I think the introduction is too long for a short story and it includes too much unnecessary . They could have spend more time animating the key scenes and the ending which I personally think it will be more visually interesting.


The making of Rob 'n' Ron has successfully documented the process of the animation. In the video, I notice the stages are all real models which amazed me as I could not tell! It reminds me of Space Jam by Warner Bros, both combination of animation and reality but Space Jam are unreal maybe due to the involve of life actors which I think it is horrible to watch. 

I do not think this animation has a target audience and it is available to all age range. Looking at the staging and composition of the scenery, I think it is adding a lot of favour to the animation and set up the basic foundation of the animation. I think I need to include a good stage or background for my animation as well for instance the previous pose to pose animation I did about a jumping dog, the context would be totally changed if I apply different background to it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment