Tuesday 4 November 2014

Animation process- Flash

I have never used Flash before and this is my first time animating by flash. At first, I was so confused about different tools and I struggled a lot making the shapes move...


This is the first attempt just testing out the basic functions and tools... Matt helps me out a lot which I notice Flash is sort of similar to Photoshop that layers also play a big role in animating. The shapes have to be converted into symbols before editing the move.


This is the second attempt. I prefer drawing my own character rather than animating boring shapes. I added some spinning curls for the backgrounds just to make it not too dull which I see as a big improvement compare to the first attempt.


The small dots represent the path of the object that moves during the time. It can be changed by moving the line backward and forward to form an arc also there are special effects that can allow easing and bouncing effects etc. I think this is brilliant for animating some simple shapes but it would not be that useful to animate a character that talks or moves. I wish photoshop has this easing in and out function when making an animation as it is so handy and useful!

The last attempt. This is a weird Mike and I was trying to animate his arms and legs but they just kind of expanding rather than moving around. Probably there are some way I could achieve that but I was not patient enough to sit in front of the computer so that was the wrap up for the day. After all, I learnt how to use Flash (the basic) and I do not mind using it in the future because it is not longer scary to use after this induction!

No comments:

Post a Comment