Monday 3 November 2014

Storyboard research: Harry Potter Series by Martin Asbury

Harry Potter Series Storyboard by Martin Asbury


I really like the storyboards created by Asbury as they are explaining the story brilliantly and included a lot of small details like the delicate facial expressions and small reactions of the characters. The little signs next to the frames really help the teammate to understand and to imagine. His storyboards are also shaded to state the direction of light and the depth of the scene while the composition of each frame is rich and informative.

I think studying different types of storyboards can help myself noticing my own working style. Picking up the strength from others and interpret them into a perfect storyboard would be a new aim for myself in the future. It is also interesting to see how different approaches lead to a variety of outcomes and how an effective storyboard has an impact on the final animation. 


1 comment: