Tuesday 4 November 2014

Flipbook research: Flipbook Gangnam Style by Etolec

Flipbook Gangnam Style by Etolec



Original animation by: Etoilec (no sound)


I found this video on youtube, the person who uploaded this video did not make the flip book but edited the animation so that the song and music video would fit. Before clicking into the video, I was amazed by the length of the video which is about 3 minutes long and goddess! It must have taken the creator ages to finish this filpbook and I could not wait to watch it. Once I clicked into it, I was a bit disappointed because I can tell that the illustrations are done by tracing which can easily achieve the correct body movement and the timing and spacing. Other than that, the flip book is in very high quality which is clean and coloured and I really appreciated it.

I think this flip book is done for leisure purpose or to show the love of Gangnam style/ PHY, the singer? Its target audience might be the fans of this song or just general public who like me, randomly click into this video and show some appreciation. I think a nicely done flip book could easily catch attention from the surrounding as it is so time consuming and could really show skills which the artist has chosen an appropriate working surface. This has a potential to be a manipulated advert to sell the song and maybe a CD cover showing only silhouette of PHY and other dancers.

No comments:

Post a Comment