Tuesday 4 November 2014

“Don’t Hug Me I’m Scared 3″ by Becky Sloan & Joseph Pelling

“Don’t Hug Me I’m Scared 3″ by Becky Sloan & Joseph Pelling

I did not realise this series until I searched for Don't Hug Me I'm Scared 2 and I actually know this series since last year. The plot is so funny and at the same time creepy. The fresh of the chicken legs and other sets freak me out as they make such a big contrast with the sesame street like muppet but turns out amazing. There are some live-action going on as well which adds an interesting accent to the animation and the combination with the animated characters is perfect. The whole story is so random but it does communicate a message about different way to see love and how that little boy is so frustrated not getting love from his friends but at the end his mind changes due to the weird illusion he saw.

I think the target audience are adults. Although the materials and the characters used in this animation are similar to a children programme, it is definitely not aiming for children due to those terrific scenes and the message behind. The use of muppets and live action really stand out from other 2D animation especially with an interesting story like this which I think clay models might produce the similar effect. This is one of the best video I have ever watched in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment