Monday 10 November 2014

Evaluation of OUAN403

First of all, it has been a great experience so far since the beginning of this module. It is a bit different to my expectation but the briefs are still well planned and very educational. I have learnt a lot of new animation skills for instance the basic 12 animation principles and making animation by Photoshop. The best brief for me is the Pixilation and Apply brief where I could bring in my creativity and cooperate with people.  Since the foundation diploma I did last year, I am aware of the importance of having a good timetable and effective distribute of work. Therefore I think I am quite organised and have good work ethics during this first module, as I do not want slip just because of the less workload compare to last year. What is more, this module has assisted myself to keep a habit of documenting processes, evaluating own work and exploring more into the animation industry in real life which I would definitely gain benefits from and to build a strong fundamental base for the whole course. I treasure every opportunity provided from this course and what I have gained from these briefs have encouraged me to appreciate animation with new perspective for instance look at how the special effects have been done and the character designs etc.

I could have enjoyed this module more by integrating more into the group and to step out of my comfort zone. During these two months, I have noticed the advantages and importance of working as a team therefore I hope to be more daring to speak and to take risks in the next module. Additionally, I think my drawing skills need to be improved because animation is all about drawings after all and my drawings are usually sketchy and untidy. This affects me when drawing animation on paper, the sketchiness disable a clear copy when tracing over and therefore leads to bad quality of lines and lost of consistency.

In the next module, I hope to experiment with different drawing media for instance colour pencil and watercolours. Also I want to investigate more into traditional animation because it helps to improve my drawing skill and doing hand drawn animation has given me great experience. Despite the time consuming process, it is traditional and challenging, which requires real drawing skills like how it was at the past. Although digital drawing is not my strength that I try to avoid when possible, it is also a skill I hope to be good at and hopefully to master because I want to push my boundary and to try out as much as possible in this year.  Nevertheless, I hope to have better narrative and presentation skill that would enable me to produce animation in a higher standard. To conclude my experience from this module, it is fun and experimental. I have learnt a lot useful skills and able to apply them onto my work and I am looking forward to the next module.

No comments:

Post a Comment