Tuesday 4 November 2014

Pixilation research: How to do a Pixilation by Animation Allsorts

How to do a Pixilation by Animation Allsorts


This was the first research video I watched on youtube before planning the storyboard for my pixilation project. It is a useful video that shows the equipments and process when shooting a pixilation animation. The photographer was shooting 2 frames for each action which I do not see the point doing that... my view is that if he is making a 24 frames per second animation, fluency is what he is aiming for, so why producing an outcome which would be similar to a 12 frames second animation? Besides this, I had a good time learning the information he gives for instance the suggestions of having a remote control and use props to help the shooting.

I think my pixilation will definitely use one of his idea where the boy disappear by hiding before the cover. This is an interesting effect and can really show what special effects that can be done by pixilation therefore I want to carry some experiment with this idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment