Monday 23 February 2015

Choosing briefs

I have chosen brief 2a idents in the next module OUAN 406. The reason why I chose to work 
on ident is because it is an interesting topic that is more likely I will encounter in the career in 
the future and which is a good opportunity to get a taste of working in professional manner.
 Whereas there are two more briefs I did not choose is because I am not familiar with the 
topic, in this case reading books or UK charity, as I want to work on the topic confidently.

I choose two out of four channels to create an ident for them,
  
1)E4 – Pop culture entertainment.
"Hey there, we want a new animated ident that smacks of E4 attitude and can be played 
on the telly during the daytime so, no naughty stuff!! It has to be exactly 10 seconds long 
and include our wicked logo, preferably included in the animation and not just at the end. 
The sound bed (that's technical speak for backing track) ought to reflect our irreverence 
and most importantly be an original composition or license free, it's fine to include sound 
effects too. Awesome stuff, can't wait to see your work!!"
2)Discovery Channel – Reality TV and pseudo-scientific entertainment.
"Right, let me get straight to the point.... we need a new ident for our channel and you're 
the person with the knowledge to get it done..... animator vs ident.... nice.... I'll save that 
idea for later, could get some viewing figures out of it once we're done with the sharks eh! 
Anyway... back to why I've contacted you, we've seen your work and we think that you'd
 be able to do our channel justice so what about it, are you up for the challenge? There's
 a couple of things that you need to know before you start.... Number 1... it needs to be
 exactly ten seconds long. Number 2.... our logo needs to be shown. and C........ You've
 got to have permission to use any audio that you choose. Nice one, can't wait!!"
and the one I did not choose are,

3)CBeebies – Programming aimed at learning through play

4)BBC 4 – Intelligent, mixed genre content for the 21st century.

I want to work for E4 and discovery channel because E4 is a channel for teenage which 
is my age range, I might be able to create an ident that match the style of E4 more easily.
 Also, it is more local base so it does not have to be too serious but playful ident. 
Moreover, I like animals and science and history which is what discovery channel is all
 about and I want to create a more international and professional ident in contrast.

I do not want to work on CBeebies and BBC 4 are mainly due to lack of knowledge and
 interests. I have not watched any of the programme before and the channels are not my 
type of programmes. However, If this was a real job, I might need to watch and research 
the channels before saying no.

No comments:

Post a Comment