Monday 23 February 2015

E4 Idents research

The brief requires us to understand the channel, what the programme and the target audience. 

The E4 channel is a pop-culture channel, its target audiences are in the age-range of 13-35 and it is broadcast in a few countries. The clients requires the ident to be 10 seconds long and show their logo not only at the end with some license free sound.

I looked up the identlibrary.com and here are some E4 ident in the past that inspires me,

E4 : Christmas 2014 : Baubles sting 17sec




E4 : Christmas 2013 : Christmas sting (3) 12sec

E4 : Current E Stings : E Stings (5) 38sec




E4 : Current E Stings : E Stings (3) 50sec





Since I have not watched any E4 idents before, these gave me a rough ideas what style they are looking for and it is quite clear that they are looking for visually and conceptually interesting new idents. I especially like the Idents mix which show a lot of varieties and diversity that really show that the flexibility of style on this channel. Therefore, I think I am going for some creative and cool stuffs teenage might enjoy, something not too serious and innovative. I want the ident to be attention catching by using stop motion or drawn animation with pop-culture style.




No comments:

Post a Comment