Tuesday 24 February 2015

You spin me right round: 12 drawings of the object

We are drawing and animating a turnaround object of our own choice, it needs to be 12 drawings, 12 frames per second and it should spin 360 degree. To start off, I found some interesting objects on my desk and tried to draw them.

The first thing I found is a little umbrella decoration that you can usually get when drinking. Since I am so bad at drawing umbrella (no doubt it is the hardest thing to draw on Earth!) so I thought it would be a good chance to do some challenge. However, after the first two drawings, I think it is too difficult to draw with consistence and extremely time consuming.



Then I was looking at another object which is my mug but it is not that interesting comparatively. Nevertheless, I noticed a lot of details and structure that I have never noticed before.


Finally, I found this Jiji decoration the black cat from Kiki's Delivery Service. It is a solid black object, hard, heavy and have a beautiful silhouette therefore I decided to work with it. I want to do some initial sketching and make myself familiar with the shape in different angels.










I considered about the lighting and shades. I do not want to paint it pitch black as I want to keep the reflection. After these drawings, I am confident to draw with consistence and understand the shape better.

No comments:

Post a Comment