Thursday 12 February 2015

Sound 12 concept and development

I chose this thunder sound because it is very organic unlike the rest of the sound. It is made up of different elements for example wind and rain which is very intriguing to listen.


I have been thinking about using card paper due to the weight and heaviness of the thunder sound which I think it is an appropriate material to use. I want to tear and split the paper so as to sync the sound thunder sound.


The working space is the wall and the paper is sticked on by blue tags. There are six key sound of the thunder therefore I made six big splits on the paper. I think this random splits give a better outcome than cuts made by scissors because the edges are more organic and not so intimidating.



My idea of the animation:





After arranging the sequence into animation, I added rain and ripple at the last part of the animation. I think the colour should be re-considered because the colours are too soft to represent a storm. It might be useful to add an extra layer on top in order to change the texture and colour of the whole animation which I am going to experiment after this blog!









No comments:

Post a Comment