Tuesday 24 February 2015

You spin me right round: production

I used books to make the object to eye level and use colour pencil to draw the rough outline and content first then use pencil to trace and fill in the details and refine the lines.


I marked the position of the object every time I turn it but it did not work that well. I had trouble getting a consistence volume of the object while turning the object and observing at the same time. I also turn the object too little by little which will be will more than 12 frames per second therefore I used another method.




It is growing!


The solution is to mark the twelve position first. Therefore the object can get to exact position I want and use the circle as the centre point, the posture of the object is easier to capture and to be studied.


What is more, I have a reference paper where I sketch on it first then trace the drawing again on another paper in order to get the clean and correct sketch. Any changes will be made on the reference paper instead so the animation would be tidy and with no wrinkles.


I used different colour pencils on the reference paper because it is difficult to spot the lines in the same colour. I find this method extremely helpful and very professional. What I think I could improve is that to soften the reference drawings so that there will have no pencil marks on the back of the working papers.





No comments:

Post a Comment